Re: [Exim] Exim4.01 Bug: LDAP connection pool reuse fails

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jason Stratford
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim4.01 Bug: LDAP connection pool reuse fails
On 21 Mar 2002, Jason Stratford wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, here are the transport and director I use (if you
> need the entire config file, let me know and I will send it off list)...

Thanks. That confirms my diagnosis, so I believe I now understand what
happened. Please can you try the patch below and let me know if it
works.

Thanks,
Philip

*** exim-4.01/src/deliver.c Mon Mar  4 10:03:41 2002
--- deliver.c    Fri Mar 22 10:05:45 2002
***************
*** 1395,1402 ****
    return;
    }

! /* Now fork the process to do the real work in the sub-process. */

  if ((pid = fork()) == 0)
    {
    BOOL replicate = TRUE;
--- 1393,1404 ----
    return;
    }

! /* Now fork the process to do the real work in the subprocess, but first
! ensure that all cached resources are freed so that the subprocess starts with
! a clean slate and doesn't interfere with the parent process. */

+ search_tidyup();
+
  if ((pid = fork()) == 0)
    {
    BOOL replicate = TRUE;
***************
*** 3221,3228 ****
      continue;
      }

! /* Now fork a sub-process to do the remote delivery. */

    if ((pid = fork()) == 0)
      {
      int fd = pfd[pipe_write];
--- 3234,3245 ----
      continue;
      }

! /* Now fork a subprocess to do the remote delivery, but before doing so,
! ensure that any cached resourses are released so as not to interfere with
! what happens in ths subprocess. */

+   search_tidyup();
+
    if ((pid = fork()) == 0)