Re: [Exim] mode 660 / maildir / parent directory set as 700

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kirill Miazine
Para: Brendon Caligari
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] mode 660 / maildir / parent directory set as 700
* Brendon Caligari <bcaligari@???> [20020322 09:51]:
> I have the following tranport as i intend to host imap for a number of
> domains on this server
>
> whenever a valid user receives an email, the maildir directory is created
> and the messages with mode 660
>
> however, any parent directories created int the proces of delivering a mail
> are created as user=exim and group=mail but in mode 700.
>
> My next quest is to compile cyrus-imap (maybe as user=cyrus, group=mail),

Maybe you mean Courier? Cyrus doesn't use Maildirs.

> but that would require group 'rwx' rights on the parent directories. Any

Why group rwx? Run transport as user cyrus and group mail and 700
permissions will be enough.

You can of course set directory_mode to 770.

From docs:

    If appendfile creates any directories as a result of the
    "create_directory" option, their mode is specified by this option.

--
Kirill