Re: [Exim] Re[4]: Demise of ORBZ

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sean Rima
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re[4]: Demise of ORBZ
Hi Greg!

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Greg Ward wrote:

> On 21 March 2002, Richard Welty said:
> > this is a very good point. quite a lot of them have a root domain they
> > don't fiddle, but then they tweak the next level up quite a bit over time.
> > possibly as many as 1/2 of my entries have * in them.
>
> I think the Right Answer is two separate blacklists: one for individual
> addresses (spammer999@???), and one for whole domains. I mean,
> you don't *really* want to blacklist all yahoo.com addresses, right?
> But you don't want to bother listing all addresses from a known spammer
> domain.

I have a filter that works under Maildrop. One of the checks it does is to
check that Hotmail, Yahoo and other email services that suffer from "domain
from forgies" To date I have not had a false hit with it and I am thinking
that instead of being delivery point that Exim would handle, although sayin
gthat I am not sure if I am upto the job :) But if anyoneis interested, I
may do a set of filters based on my maildrop filters, would help me learn
more about Exim as well :)

> Also, doing it this way is nice for MTAs that aren't as flexible as
> Exim. Eg. as I understand it, qmail's badmailfrom control file lets you
> list domains or addresses, but not general patterns.

This is the one thing that I like about Exim. It is so darn powerfull that
it is frightening that newbies like myself can get it working with little
effort at all :)

- --
  Sean Rima                                http://www.tcob1.net
  ICQ: 679813  Linux User: 231986  Jabber:   tcobone@???
  THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF MY WIFE.