Re: [Exim] Re[4]: Demise of ORBZ

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Greg Ward
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Re[4]: Demise of ORBZ
On 21 March 2002, Richard Welty said:
> this is a very good point. quite a lot of them have a root domain they
> don't fiddle, but then they tweak the next level up quite a bit over time.
> possibly as many as 1/2 of my entries have * in them.

I think the Right Answer is two separate blacklists: one for individual
addresses (spammer999@???), and one for whole domains. I mean,
you don't *really* want to blacklist all yahoo.com addresses, right?
But you don't want to bother listing all addresses from a known spammer
domain.

Also, doing it this way is nice for MTAs that aren't as flexible as
Exim. Eg. as I understand it, qmail's badmailfrom control file lets you
list domains or addresses, but not general patterns.

Anyways, I don't think I'm about to get into the business of publishing
a DNS blacklist any time soon. I can imagine more enjoyable timesinks,
like repeatedly nailing my head to the wall. But I might just take my
blacklists and yours and merge them and put then online somewhere with
instructions on how to use them.

        Greg