[Exim] Re[4]: Demise of ORBZ

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re[4]: Demise of ORBZ
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:11:09 -0800 (PST) "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Greg Ward wrote:

> > Well, I was trying to find out if someone already has a DNS blacklist
> of
> > active spammer addresses/domains. In a few minutes of searching, I

> A way to synchronize my sender_rejects would also be useful for me.

well, implicit in what i originally posted, it's fairly easy to provide
access to the sender_reject file using ftp or http, and then a cron job can
use wget or lynx to periodically fetch the latest version. no, they won't
follow in lockstep like a DNSBL would, but still, you do get a measure of
syncronization that way.

a DNSBL variant has its merits. i migrated my ip based blocks to my own
quasi-private DNSBL because once it's set up, it's only slightly harder to
maintain[*], plus it does provide for automagic syncronization of the
backup MX hosts.

[*] i simply add the ip block to a perl script, change the serial number
in the zone header file, and run an update script to push it all into place
and kick named. it could be a little slicker, but it's already so easy to
maintain that i'm not motivated to do any more work on the scripts. maybe
someday when i'm really really bored...

richard
--
Richard Welty