Re: [Exim] How do I limit some users to the local domain onl…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Frank S. Bernhardt
To: System Administrator
CC: Exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] How do I limit some users to the local domain only?
First of all, you need to buy Philip Hazel's excellent book on Exim published by O'Reily. And read it.

I read Greg Ward's response and it sounds like it should work. But it sounds like a lot of work. You can also set it up by
restricting relaying (or permitting relaying) based on either IP address of the client machine (host_accept_relay) or by
authentication. I've never tried the authentication using M$ LookOut but I know it works using Netscape and Pegasus.

Good luck.

System Administrator wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I'm a new subscriber to this list with a stack of questions I would like to answer before enabling Exim on our school server
> (FreeBSD 4.5RELENG.)
>
> My first question is: What should I use as a search string in the archives search engine to see if this question has come up
> before, viz. How can I set up Exim to limit some users to local deliveries only, while allowing other users in the same domain
> full Internet mail facilities?
>
> Within the school, we wish to allow admin and teaching staff full Internet mail (via Outlook Express), while the pupils should
> only be able to send to addresses within the local domain (perhaps limited to certain addressees only.)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Martyn Hill
> ICT Teacher and IT Co-ordinator
> St James Independent School