Re: [Exim] How do I limit some users to the local domain onl…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Greg Ward
Para: Exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] How do I limit some users to the local domain only?
On 21 March 2002, System Administrator said:

What an odd name! Did your parents give you that at birth, or did you
get it legally changed? ;->

> Within the school, we wish to allow admin and teaching staff full
> Internet mail (via Outlook Express), while the pupils should only be
> able to send to addresses within the local domain (perhaps limited to
> certain addressees only.)

I think you should look carefully at the Exim 4 docs. I haven't
absorbed all of the capabilities of Exim 4 yet, but my gut instinct
tells me you should be able to do this with ACLs. The basic idea: at
RCPT TO time, see if the sender is in the list of "restricted senders"
(ie. students). Then if the recipient address is external, ie. not in
your local domain, you fail it. The sender should get a bounce back
telling them which addresse failed; you can even give a custom error
message, like "Students aren't allowed to send external email".

But this is going to require careful RTFM'ing and lots of
testing/experimentation on your part. Good luck!

> My first question is: What should I use as a search string in the
> archives search engine to see if this question has come up before,
> viz. How can I set up Exim to limit some users to local deliveries
> only, while allowing other users in the same domain full Internet mail
> facilities?

I don't think you'll find much in the archive -- I don't recall seeing
this requirement come up before.

        Greg