Re: [Exim] Re[2]: Demise of ORBZ

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
CC: Kevin Sindhu, Richard Welty
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re[2]: Demise of ORBZ
On 21 March 2002, Kevin Sindhu said:
> Moin Greg!
> Greg Ward schrieb am Thursday, den 21. March 2002:
> > [Richard Welty mentions his list of spammer domains]
> > > http://www.krusty-motorsports.com/sender_reject, and could be fetched
>
> > Great idea to put this on the web. I maintain sender blacklists on
> > three servers, two running Exim and one qmail. Any time someone
> > pisses me off, I have to update /etc/exim/spammers on one machine,
> > /etc/exim/blocked_senders on another, and
> > /etc/qmail/control/badmailfrom on the third. It's a PITA, but worth
> > it if I spot someone spamming server #1 before they get to servers
> > #2 and 3.
>
> Sounds like a good idea, but aren't we then duplicating or effectively
> creating our own blacklist server?

Well, I was trying to find out if someone already has a DNS blacklist of
active spammer addresses/domains. In a few minutes of searching, I
haven't found such a beast. rfc-ignorant.org demonstrates that DNS
blacklists of domains are perfectly feasible, but they don't blacklist
spammers, they blacklist clueless/broken domains.

I'm not sure about the feasibility of blacklisting individual addresses
by DNS. Have to go read an RFC or two. For me, it's probably easier
just to maintain a file in one place and rsync it to the servers that
need it periodically.

        Greg