Re: [Exim] sender address must exists !!!

Página Inicial
Autor: dman
Para: exim-users@exim.org
Assunto: Re: [Exim] sender address must exists !!!
On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:34:44PM -0500, Dave C. wrote:
| On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Javier Callico wrote:

| > Hi Everybody
| >
| > I'll try to explain my problem using an example:
| >
| > 1- My server is configured to be a relay for all the emails coming from the
| > domain test.com
| >
| > 2- The email address example@??? doesn't exist
| >
| > 3- Exim is allowing to send messages like this:
| >     From: example@???
| >     To: relaytest@???
| >
| > Can Exim check first if the email address exists and then send or reject the
| > message ?

| Ah, so you want to set it up so that a spammer could forge your (valid)
| email address in their "MAIL FROM:" to use your server as an open relay?

I think what the OP meant was :

$ cat <<EOF > /usr/sbin/exim relaytest@???
From: <example@???>
To: <relaytest@???>
Subject: This "From:" header is bogus.

haha.
EOF

He wants to reject this message rather than attempt to send it to
yahoo's server.

(if he was talking about messages received via SMTP then I agree with
the AUTH recommendation)

-D

--

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from