RE: [Exim] Envelope-To, aliasfile and multidrop, Exim 3.13

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jan Johansson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Envelope-To, aliasfile and multidrop, Exim 3.13
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Jan Johansson wrote:

> > I think you mean "variable" rather than "macro". If you are talking
> > about the time when an address is being routed, the current address is
> > $local_part@$domain. That is, it's split into two variables
> > rather than
> > one.
>
> I think he was referring to host-address in a DHCP enviroment?

Oh, sorry. I don't know about DHCP. (Yet. I'm sure I'll have to learn
one day.) That's a general problem in writing about Internet email.
"Address" can mean two different things...

Exim does of course figure out the local host's IP address, to check for
routing to the local host. However, a host can have hundreds of them, so
putting one in a variable isn't really possible.