Re: [Exim] Problem with RBL and outside connection

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: hammerd
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Problem with RBL and outside connection
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 hammerd@??? wrote:

> I had an interesting problem when using an RBL. My RBL points to

blackholes.mail-abuse.org. My internet connection went down and then I
started to receive and error "SMTP command timeout on connection from
[ip address]". This prevented me from sending and receiving mail from
all clients including my internal clients. When I remarked out the RBL
entry I was able to send and receive from my internal clients. I assume
the problem is if the rbl_domains command cannot complete the process
hangs and nothing works. If this is the case is there a way to have the
rbl_domains command timeout and let the process continue, or is this
going to happen every time my outside connection goes down?

If you ask Exim to do RBL lookups, it will do RBL lookups. However, you
can tell it not to do them for your internal clients. For Exim 3, use
rbl_hosts. For Exim 4, add an appropriate "hosts" condition to the ACL.