Re: [Exim] Problem with RBL and outside connection

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dave C.
To: Richard Welty
CC: exim-users, hammerd
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problem with RBL and outside connection

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Richard Welty wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:10:40 -0800 hammerd@??? wrote:
>
> > I had an interesting problem when using an RBL. My RBL points to
> > blackholes.mail-abuse.org. My internet connection went down and then I
> > started to receive and error "SMTP command timeout on connection from
> > [ip address]".
>
> umm, the MAPS RBLs (*.mail-abuse.org) went to a pay system a while ago. you
> probably shouldn't be referencing them unless you've come to arrangement
> with MAPS.

Which didnt even begin to answer his question.

Use the "rbl_hosts" optionm to exclude your internal hosts from
rbl-checking..

Eg, something like:

rbl_hosts = ! 192.168.1.0/24 : *

rbl_hosts                      Type: host list
Default: *

This option specifies the set of hosts for which RBL checking is to be
performed when "rbl_domains" is set. The default matches all hosts.
The normal usage of this option is to specify exceptions to RBL checking
by means of negated items in the host list.