[Exim] Re[2]: Demise of ORBZ

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re[2]: Demise of ORBZ
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 02:32:20 +0800 Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???> wrote:

> +++ Kevin Sindhu [exim-users] <20/03/02 10:10 -0800>:
> >     http://slashdot.org/yro/02/03/20/1528246.shtml?tid=111
> > I am presently using relays.osirusoft.com which seems to work fine.
> > Spamcop looks like a very interesting and promising program.

> The spamcop bl is still "in testing" - not to be used in production -as
> its
> author Julian Haight repeatedly points out.

> There are also TONS of false positives in that, and its methodology is
> basically screwed.

> Try the relays.visi.com dnsbl

i got a lot of collateral damage from relays.osirusoft.com, and stopped
using it.

right now, i am using relays.visi.com to catch open relays,
sbl.spamhaus.org to catch spammers of fixed address, and
dialups.relays.osirusoft.com to catch direct-to-mx spam from dialup users,
along with a list of other IPs i maintain to handle stuff that hasn't made
it into the spamhaus list yet.

this setup is probably catching about 50% of the inbound spam load.

richard
--
Richard Welty
rwelty@???                                 Averill Park Networking