[Exim] exiscan for exim4

Author: Tom Kistner
To: exiscanusers
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] exiscan for exim4
Hello everyone,

exiscan for exim 4 is released.

From the README:

------------------ snip -----------------
exiscan is a patch against exim version 4, providing support for exim to
call an external virus scanner.

The patch adds MIME and TNEF decoding capabilities to exim by linking
in the "ripmime" library (see CREDITS). Exim 4's local_scan() API is used
as a hook, so messages are scanned, and can thus be rejected
during the SMTP dialogue if necessary.

exiscan features a "generic" scanner interface, making it compatible with
almost all available command line virus scanners.
------------------ snip -----------------

I'd be interested in the following feedback:

- compiling problems on any platform
- scalability (speed)
- all other problems/suggestions ;)

I should add that this is a VERY neat and clean virus scanning solution.
Messages are being scanned and, if necessary, rejected at SMTP dialogue
time.

cheers,

/tom

--