Re: [Exim] Setting size restrictions on incoming

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: hammerd
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Setting size restrictions on incoming
On 2002-03-14 at 08:10 -0800, hammerd@??? wrote:
> This is a newbie question but here it goes.

This is a jaded, cynical reply. But you haven't been answered before
now, so here goes. Your question will be answered, don't worry about
that.

> I am trying to set a size restriction of 3 meg on incoming files. I believe the command that I want to use is size_addition = 3072. But do not know where to put the command in the configure file.

Step 1: _please_ set line-wraps.

[ snip 26 line .sig ]

Step 2: please read RFC 1855 Netiquette Guidelines.  Also known as
        FYI0028; a few points need taking with a pinch of salt.  A more
    generally accepted line-length is 72 chars, not 65.  Please at
    least give consideration to that RFC.

Step 3: Know that your canonical reference for Exim is the Exim
        Specification (+"NewStuff", which is an errata list for updates
    since the latest documentation set).  If you have the Exim
    source, then look at doc/spec.txt; otherwise, browse the Exim
    website, <URL:http://www.exim.org/>.

Step 4: A correction.  It's not size_addition.  That's for outgoing
        emails.  Search for size_addition in the spec, to see the
    description of what it does.  Second occurence.

    You want "message_size_limit".

Step 5: Read the Spec; for Exim 3, chapter 7.  For Exim 4, chapter 6.
        That's the Exim config file, described in overview.

I'm feeling remarkably generous; I'll tell you "first section", and
leave you to figure out what the boundary is.
--
When I was younger I hated going to weddings ... it seemed that all of my
aunts and the grandmotherly types used to come up to me, poking me in the