Re: [Exim] virtual users, same domain, multiple servers on i…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Brendon Caligari
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] virtual users, same domain, multiple servers on intranet
On 2002-03-14 at 11:24 +0100, Brendon Caligari wrote:
> I am still trying to resolve two issues
>
> 1. (two|three).foo.bar have alias lists that resolve to their respectively
> hosted users, but mail sent to anything@??? i wouldlike routed to
> one.foo.bar

FAQ Q0403:
How do I configure Exim to send messages for unknown local users to a
central server?

> 2. (this i think i can manage by reading more) since (two|three).foo.bar
> are not going to be connected to the Internet I would like all non local
> mail to be routed to one.foo.bar

This is called a smarthost configuration. Or a "gateway host".

FAQ Q0302:
How do I configure Exim to send all non-local mail to a gateway host?

> Any advice from good souls appreciated.

1: <URL:http://www.exim.org/>

2: If your browser doesn't support frames but does show them, then "toc"
and then "index"; otherwise, the top-left frame.

3: Documentation and FAQs

4: Read down until:
-----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

      The exim FAQ is now available, and a new version for exim 4.

5: Select "exim FAQ". Read Contents. Browse around a bit. Sooner or
later, get around to checking out Q0403 and Q0302.

Not so sure about the "good soul" bit. Hrm, I'm going to have to start
being harsher on the list to make up for this.
--
Mind like a steel trap -- rusty and illegal in 37 states.