Re: [Exim] Exim on Cygwin

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim on Cygwin
On 2002-03-14 at 15:51 -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> With the help of Philip, Exim now compiles out of the
> box on all Windows machines, using the Cygwin emulation
> layer http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin .
>
> A precompiled port of Exim 4.01 is available on
> ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Humblet_Pierre_A/V1.1/

I'm not a Windows user, so can't look closely at this, but I'm perplexed
by one point.

Exim uses its own message ids quite extensively, for things like
filenames. For instance, in the current message spool.

These message-ids encode data using base 62 encoding, which is
case-sensitive. "ABc" != "ABC".

Windows does not use a case-sensitive file-system, does it?

So there is the potential for filename collision here?

What problems could this cause?
--
To a first approximation, security is always at odds with convenience. Security
is the business of denying access, so it can't help make things less convenient.