Re: [Exim] Unrouteable Mail Domain Error

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Unrouteable Mail Domain Error
On 2002-03-18 at 23:41 +0000, Geraint A Edwards wrote:
> You're already using ssh, so I'd suggest you setup the session on
> your laptop to initiate port-forwarding (local port 25) to the
> remote host (port xxx).
>
> That way, you can bounce the mail from mutt to a consistant
> (local) address that exim recognises for sending to the port xxx,
> which gets forwarded (by sshd) to your laptop port 25.

Hrm, really that means either adding a fake remote domain, which is
perhaps sensible in this case, or a special local user which is handled
via an SMTP transport.

> I tried doing this sort of thing a long time ago with exim3, but
> failed because it didn't like delivering to a "remote host" on
> the local machine (a safe precaution, you might say), but maybe
> exim4 is more configurable (it seems to be, so far!).

Exim 3 supports this. I've pointed out how, on the list, a few times.
I know Philip Hazel has too. I'm fairly sure it's in the FAQ.

If I've had enough coffee for my memory to serve correctly, then there
are two different ways you can override this. There's an option on a
transport, and something for a Router too. Search list/FAQ/Spec. It's
fairly simple to turn off this safe-guard when desired.
--
Don't expect to be treated like a fragile doll just because you're a newcomer
with a theatrically hypersensitive soul and delusions of entitlement.