[Exim] Feature request

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Wheat
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Feature request
Philip,

    Let me start by thanking you for a great job done on exim. We have been very happy with it since we changed over from sendmail. Additionally, before I make a request for a feature, I agree with the RFC's and creating software that is compliant with them.

    Now for my feature request. I am hoping that perhaps you could consider an option "allow_underscore_hosts". The reason for this is we have a number of customers as well as outside organizations that unfortunately have underscores in their hostnames. This does break RFC's but I have the misfortune of having to hack smtp_in.c to allow them to get email from their headquarters. Additionally, we have a number of school districts that have accounts here and at their work and we get yelled at because they can't send email. I have explained to them that it is in violation to have the underscores but since these are Microsoft servers usually running Exchange or SQL Server, they are unable and unwilling to change the names as they will have to reinstall software. So, in light of this, I know we are not the only organization that gets hit with this problem, I would like to suggest this as a new feature.

Best regards,
Jeff

---