Re: [Exim] Memory problem(s) with messages with lots of head…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mark Morley
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Memory problem(s) with messages with lots of headers
On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Mark Morley wrote:

> I have a lot of very effective spam scoring rules in place, but many of
> them refer to $message_headers, which I gather is the main problem.

The memory for $message_headers is allocated the first time it is
referenced. However, the code in Exim 3 builds it up in a way that is
pessimal for Exim's memory handling when there are lots of headers. (The
memory handling was designed for handling short strings.) In Exim 4 the
code has been rewritten and uses vastly less memory in these
pathological cases.

> Is there any way we can get a patch to change the way this works in 3.35?
> (wishful thinking)

Persuade some hacker to read the code for 4.0x and retrofit it into 3.35?