Re: [Exim] Unrouteable Mail Domain Error

Página Inicial
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Unrouteable Mail Domain Error
On 2002-03-18 at 09:47 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > I am only using this ips for testing at this time, when I finally bring the server to production I will only be using domain names.
>
> Why bother? Why not use domain names from the start?

As an end-user, I actually have a use for this.

Dialing in, from a laptop, from various locations. Various ISPs ensure
that there are MX records for all of their customers, pointing to their
servers. Which often suck.

I normally SSH to my box, and use mutt. But I sometimes get mails with
images attached.

Then, by _far_ the easiest method, is to simply check which IP address I
have on my laptop and then bounce the mail to the laptop, using an
ip-literal address.

If it's a large file where base64 encoding leads to a significant
increase increase in size, then yes, I'll save out the attachment and
start up an sftp session, fetch the file, close the sftp and view the
file. Too much like hard work for a 2kB PNG though. :^)

If my mail client (mutt) (and any others) easily handled supplying extra
arguments to the MTA when submitting, then I'd cheat. I'd specify -oMr
and have a condition'd Router which does lookups bydns_a. That's
probably the better option long-term.
--
The Tao that is seen
Is not the true Tao, until