Re: [Exim] Exim should answer 5xx on mailbox quota

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Roman Minakov
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Re: [Exim] Exim should answer 5xx on mailbox quota (variant)
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim should answer 5xx on mailbox quota
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Roman Minakov wrote:

> At the check_rcpt ACL exim should check per-user quota and answer 550 BEFORE
> the DATA command sent. At least it prevents to sending of gigabytes
> unwantable mail thru the net.

The problem with this is knowing when to check a quota and what the
value of the quota is. Also, at RCPT time, you can't check the real size
of the message, only the size that was given (maybe) in the MAIL
command.

The following item is already on the Exim 4 wish list:

(3) 01-Jan-02 U Test for over-quota at SMTP time

This is a hard one, because the only way to test for over quota is to try to
deliver a message, certainly if system quotas are being used. And also, the
only available size at RCPT time is the SIZE option, though of course the test
could be run at DATA time. I think maybe we leave this one to an external
program, and require people to use ${run} to access the data. Let someone else
figure out how to extract the current mailbox size!