[Exim] bounce_spam_master

Author: Greg Webster
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] bounce_spam_master
Quite a while ago on this list (Dec 14 2001), Marc Perkel posted the
following:------
The master file is /etc/exim/bouncelist
The local file (per user) is /home/user/.bouncelist

# This director bounces mail that matches the from addresses in this list
# and it bounces it as if the recipient doesn't exist in hopes that the
# bounce will cause the recipient to actually be removed from the list.

bounce_spam_master:
driver = smartuser
require_files = /etc/exim/bouncelist
senders = /etc/exim/bouncelist
new_address = :fail: "unknown local-part \"$local_part\" in domain
\"$domain\""

# This director bounces mail that matches the from addresses in this list
# and it bounces it as if the recipient doesn't exist in hopes that the
# bounce will cause the recipient to actually be removed from the list.

bounce_spam_personal:
driver = smartuser
senders = /home/$local_part/.bouncelist
require_files = /home/$local_part/.bouncelist
new_address = :fail: unknown local-part \"$local_part\" in domain
\"$domain\"------

I can't seem to get this to work, though I really wish I could. When I
include it in my config file it either holds all incoming mail without
delivering it locally (if I put it before my local delivery director) or
is completely ignored (if I put it after the local delivery director).

If Marc is around, or someone else can help me on this, I would surely
appreciate it - I'm being overrun by spam!!! (even after using RBL)

Thanks,

Greg