[Exim] Interactive routing subsystem is not enabled

Autor: Shawn P. Garbett
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Interactive routing subsystem is not enabled
I'm getting the error message "Interactive routing subsystem is not enabled"
when sending mail to the "trolltech.com" server. This is the first error I've
encountered using exim in my first two months.

Now for the history of my configuration. First of all this is my first foray
into routing email, so I know next to nothing. Secondly, a T1
router/connection fell into my lap one the condition I connect a server to
internet. I did that and have no other service besides a direct T1 with 30
static IP's assigned.

Not having a domain name for either the server or my own personal box. I
don't have access to any mail router so I set up exim. Most smtp servers
wouldn't accept mail unless a valid domain was specified. So I gave it a
valid domain that I do own, but that's being hosted elsewhere.

#/etc/exim/exim.conf
qualify_domain = ... # Domain that I own, but that's hosted elsewhere

local_domains = ... # All names describing localhost in /etc/hosts
local_domains_include_host = true
local_domains_include_host_literals = true
never_users = root
host_lookup = *
host_accept_relay = .. # All ip's of local computers on T1 behind router
host_auth_accept_relay = *
trusted_users = mail
smtp_verify = true

lookuphost:
driver = lookuphost
transport = remote_smtp

literal:
driver = ipliteral
transport = remote_smtp

Now here's the error in the log:
2002-03-15 14:23:11 16lXkR-0000dI-00 == qt-interest-request@???
T=remote_smtp defer (-44): retry time not reached for any host
2002-03-15 14:23:11 16lsfd-0000E3-00 == www@??? T=remote_smtp defer
(-44): retry time not reached for any host
2002-03-15 14:23:11 End queue run: pid=1104

Is there a better configuration or a way to solve this problem?