[Exim] redirect router panics on missing file in exim4

Author: Marian Eichholz
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] redirect router panics on missing file in exim4
Hello!

After migration from exim3 I met a curious issue with an ex-director. It
now looks like this:

d_list:
  driver        = redirect
  errors_to     = ${local_part}-request@${domain}
  file          = /etc/lists/${local_part}
  senders       = lsearch;/etc/lists/${local_part}-sender
  no_check_local_user
  forbid_file
  forbid_pipe
  one_time
  retry_use_local_part
  skip_syntax_errors

When I feed an address like "/usr/exim4/bin/exim -d -f
marian@??? -bt clippingservice@???"
("clippingservice" being described by /etc/lists/clippingservice), the
whole thing breaks a check for marian(!).

--------> d_list router <--------
local_part=marian domain=bugslayer.de
checking senders
address match: subject=marian@???
pattern=lsearch;/etc/lists/marian-sender
search_open: lsearch "/etc/lists/marian-sender"
LOG: MAIN PANIC DIE
failed to open /etc/lists/marian-sender for linear search: No such
file or directory
search_tidyup called

Have You any idea, what's going wrong here? I had a "require_files", but
the specification tells, that it cannot help for the senders-check. I
tried a condition with file-checks, but it cannot help for the "marian"
file access (and it apprears to be broken anyway):

condition     = "${if and{{exists{etc/lists/${local_part}}} \
                       {exists{/etc/lists/${local_part}-sender}} \
                       {exists{/etc/lists/${local_part}-request}}} \
                 {yes}{no}}"

FYI, the working exim3 version of the director goes like this:

d_list:
driver = forwardfile
file = /etc/lists/${local_part}
require_files = /etc/lists/${local_part}

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Yours sincerely

Marian Eichholz