Re: [Exim] HELO syntax checking in Exim 4

Página Inicial
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Exim Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] HELO syntax checking in Exim 4
On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 08:35, Philip Hazel wrote:
> That is precisely why I made the change in Exim 4. Exim 3 treated
> underscore as a "special aberration" (there was an option to enforce
> it), and I decided that allowing only one kind of syntax error was
> silly and inconsistent.

Philip,

Is there some special handling of underscore elsewhere? The reason I
ask is I remember in the dim and distant past we needed to front end the
DNS handling functions with code to deal with underscores because some
particularly broken resolver implementations died horribly when passed
an underscore and querying a name server which rejected them.

    Nigel.