Re: [Exim] Overhead using perl for SQL authentication.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adrian Phillips
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Overhead using perl for SQL authentication.

    Garrett> I'm currently running a NT based Imail server that uses a
    Garrett> MSSQL user database. I would like to convert it to linux
    Garrett> and run exim but I need to keep the SQL user database. I
    Garrett> know exim can use sql via a perl integration but I am
    Garrett> concerned about system load. The machine is a dual 600
    Garrett> mhz with 512mb ram serving about 7000 users. I would
    Garrett> appreciate any input anyone has on the subject.

Can't you have a perl/DBI script that grabs the information needed
once every so often and builds a flat file "database" that exim can
use directly without perl ? Obviously if you are talking about 10's or
100's of thousand users then that may not be viable.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.