Re: [Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam
Quoth Philip Hazel on Thu, Mar 14, 2002:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
>
> > A fuller list of hosts that should not be contacted in most
> > situations is in:
> > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manning-dsua-07.txt
>
> What do you mean by "should not be contacted"? For example, you may well
> be happy to send to addresses like 10.9.8.7 because that's some host on
> your local LAN with a private address.

That's why I added "in most situations".

> All I want to know about for Exim is which IP addresses are "this host".

127.0.0.1 is localhost, 127.0.0.0/8 is local network (all
addresses except one are unreacheable in my IP implementation),
0.0.0.0 in some implementations also loops back to localhost
(although packets destined for 0.0.0.1 leave my machine via the
router and try to find the addressee in the outter world,
stopping near JANET).

Vadik.

--
Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so.
        -- Ford Prefect