Re: [Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Frank S. Bernhardt
CC: Vadim Vygonets, Exim Users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Frank S. Bernhardt wrote:

> On my SCO OpenServer box pinging 0.0.0.0 results in pings to 127.0.0.1.

Solaris seems to be the same. At least, if I telnet to 0.0.0.0:25, Exim
records the message has having come from 127.0.0.1.

> I guess the question Philip needs to ask himself is does he handle 0.0.0.0 based on a published standard or a
> convention. My vote is for "standard". As already posted, if I want to treat 0.0.0.0 as a localhost, I can do
> so using the config file.

If there is no published standard, I probably still need to do something
about this, because otherwise there can be mail loops.

> You guys really come up with some really interesting questions and points, things that I've
> never even dreamed (nightmared?) of.

In many ways, the Internet is a nightmare. :-)

Philip