Re: [Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> A fuller list of hosts that should not be contacted in most
> situations is in:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manning-dsua-07.txt

What do you mean by "should not be contacted"? For example, you may well
be happy to send to addresses like 10.9.8.7 because that's some host on
your local LAN with a private address. Of course, such an IP address
should not appear in the public DNS[*], so you perhaps still want to
discount it if it comes from a DNS lookup (but not necessarily from a
private name server). However, I don't want to put such a list into the
default configuration.

All I want to know about for Exim is which IP addresses are "this host".

[*] See http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-dontpublish-unreachable-03.txt