Re: [Exim] RBL protection

Author: Sean Witham
To: exim user list
Subject: Re: [Exim] RBL protection
Raphael Berghmans wrote:

> I'm not able to do that because my exim mailserver acts only as

smarthost,
> there aren't any local mailbox on the server !!
>
> If you have another solution, tell me ?
>

>>If the bounces are coming to a small number of addresses in your
>>domains, and you do not wish or are not able to do proper verification
>>on incoming mail you could specifically block those addresses out.
>>

> It could be enough, but the local part of the recipient mail address is a
> suite of letters that change often !!

It would be nice if smarthost routers could do a rcpt verify
against the destination server they route to during the exim rcpt to
verify checks. Shame that can't be done.

Who maintains the MTA the smarthost routes to ? Maybe you can arrange
some form of remote lookup access to validate addresses, if they use a
database or ldap like service ?

--Sean