[Exim] troubleshooting ident (rfc1413)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] troubleshooting ident (rfc1413)
To see delays or problems, I use the "-bh" switch. It's useful, because it
can show things like "IP address lookup failed" (and you can see the
delays).

What can we use to see if the ident lookup failed or is delayed?

It would seem useful if the "-bh" also showed that it tried an ident
lookup. (I assume it would be directly after "looking up host name" and
before "host in host_reject", since host_reject can also be matched to the
RFC1413 identification.)

Or is it not shown with the testing "-bh", because it is only for testing?

I do see with running a daemon with -d11, that it shows:
host in rfc1413_hosts? yes (*)

But it doesn't also show "looking up rfc1413 ident for ...".

(I do know that the sender_rcvhost could include the ident=string.)

Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. If you're in the Everett, Washington area: A workshop covering basic
mail transfer agent installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and spam
filtering will be held on Monday, March 18. (Of course, using Exim.) If
interested, email me off-list.