Re: [Exim] RBL protection

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Raphael Berghmans
A: Sean Rima, 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL protection
On Wednesday 13 March 2002 16:04, Sean Rima wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Greg Ward verbalised:
> > On 13 March 2002, Raphael Berghmans said:
> >> I would like to check every IP address or domain name containing in a
> >> mail (enveloppe, header and body) , and reject or drop the mail if at
> >> least one IP address or domain name is found in a RBL ?
> >
> > RTFM. Check the index for "RBL" and I bet you'll find something.
> >
> > BTW, you forgot to mention which version of Exim you're using.
>
> I may be wrong ( and usualy am) but doesn't RBL checks only do the
> incoming IP and not the IPs listed in the headers of an email. If you
> can get Exim to check all IPs then I will switch it on :)

That's right !

Since two weeks somebodies send to an 'non-existent user@??? or
@hotmail.com' with as FROM address a non-existent user@ourdomain. And we
receive a bounce for non-existent user, this bounce is fozen because the
destination doesn't exist.

But, in the body of the bounce, there is the full header of the original
mail. And this orignial mail has been sent via an openrelay server !! Then by
checking the complete message, the first mailserver (know as openrelay) could
be checked and the mail will be rejected or even dropped!

--
Raphaël Berghmans
Administrateur réseau & système