Re: [Exim] exim 4 port on freebsd 4.5 - "user 26 for remote_…

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4 port on freebsd 4.5 - "user 26 for remote_smtp is on the never_users list"

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:51:26 GMT, Philip Hazel wrote:

> As a non-FreeBSD user I can't answer that. What else is mailnull used for?
> Is it "the exim uid"? If so, it was being used for remote deliveries by
> Exim 3 anyway, because never_users applies only to local deliveries in
> Exim 3. Things just got more uniform in Exim 4.

It's also used by sendmail, but we reuse it for Exim, on the assumptions
that

a) Most folks who install Exim use it to replace Sendmail completely

and

b) Those who don't probably don't care too much about someone breaking
Exim and then messing up Sendmail's spool.

Sounds like a go-ahead for the change, then.

Ciao,
Sheldon.