Re: [Exim] sendmail features searched in exim 4.01

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Wolfgang.Fuertbauer
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] sendmail features searched in exim 4.01
On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 14:07, Wolfgang.Fuertbauer@??? wrote:
> >I'm test the possibilty the migrate vom sendmail to exim (4.01);
> >in sendmail I had configures some features, which make sendmail
> >very silend when connected (in fact: says nothing);

I doubt this somehow... if you connect to an SMTP port and get nothing,
then it won't work. RFC2821 requires a greeting from the server.

> >my (test) exim says:
> >220 ebewe.com ESMTP Exim 4.01 Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:48:56 +0100
> >
> >is there a possibility to get exim "quit" on connecting?
>
> sorry typo; what I mean is quiet;

You can change the banner. Be cautions about making changes to anything
before the Exim since doing so may well break things.

Look at the smtp_banner option which is documented in the specification
document.

    Nigel.