RE: [Exim] Re: (revised) Reverse DNS failures

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Terry Shows
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Re: (revised) Reverse DNS failures
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Terry Shows wrote:

> After more testing, I found that even if you put the IP address in the
> "host_lookup" line to exclude, the "host_reject_recipients" will cause it to
> fail again! You have to add an entry to this table also. (!xx.xx.xx.xx/0).
>
> Could this be considered a bug possibly? Shouldn't the exclusion in
> host_lookup cause all further tests on the IP address to pass?

No. Setting host_lookup forces a host lookup regardless of any other
settings. However, quite independently of that, if one of your
configuration options requires to test the host name, Exim looks it up.
After all, you've said "check this name"...

If you use only IP addresses in options like host_reject_recipients, it
won't do a host lookup.

Philip