[Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Exim Users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam
+++ Phil Pennock [exim-users] <13/03/02 06:12 +0100>:
> On 2002-03-13 at 10:39 +0800, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> > Urgh. In postfix at least ...
> Yet more postfix on the exim list? Sheesh Suresh, what happened to
> Diplomacy? ;^)

Heh - but it seems a pretty simple thing to do - and postfix has the right
idea on how to handle it (checking for smtp banner being the same as your
own)

One place I can see this break is in a "security by obscurity setup" where
several hosts banner with the same smtp banner. And by some weird means,
send mail to each other. Or I could be wrong - never tested it out in such a
situation.

> > Your common or garden labrea tarpit.
> I thought that labrea tarpits shrank the TCP window down to 0?
> Oh wait, perhaps it did. Hrm, know of a telnet/netcat like utility
> which can give me information about the window sizes? (I don't think
> that I'm missing a weird telnet(1) escape).

tcpdump, I'm afraid.

> > Children / grandchildren of existing processes by any chance?
> My cleaning was too thorough for me to now be able to tell. :^) "exim
> -bpc" is now less than 200, it had climbed to quite a few thousand.

Owch

> Support will so *love* me in the morning, when they see how many
> customers I've blocked from the smarthosts this night, and then some cgi
> scripts chmod'd to 0 too! My little present to them. ;^)

Lovely. The scent of fried luser in the morning ...

    --srs