[Exim] sender_verify what's-going-on

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] sender_verify what's-going-on
hi,

strange thing i can't really get straight:

relevant config snippet:

    sender_verify = true
    sender_verify_hosts_callback = *
    sender_verify_callback_domains = ^yahoo\.c
    sender_verify_callback_timeout = 60s

exim.spec says:

sender_verify_callback_domainsType: domain list       Default: unset

When a sender address is being verified, an SMTP 'callback' to one
of the hosts that handle mail for its domain occurs if the sender's
domain matches "sender_verify_callback_domains" and the sending host
matches "sender_verify_hosts_callback" (in addition to
"sender_verify_hosts"). See section 45.3 for details.

my reading of the above is that if the sender address domain part
matches to the regexp "^yahoo\.c" then, regardless from what host the
connection was initiated, it will be verified, but only then (ie. as i
understand it's not supposed to verify any other sender addresses)

if the above reading is right, why am i getting this:

SMTP<< mail from:<XXXXX.XXXXX@???>
XXXXX.XXXXX@??? in sender_reject? no (end of list)
XXXXX.XXXXX@??? in sender_reject_recipients? no (option unset)
host in sender_verify_hosts? yes (*)
verifying sender XXXXX.XXXXX@???

Verifying XXXXX.XXXXX@???

and then it goes through the verification process. XXXXXX.avon.com
does not actually exist as such, so avon.com's smtp is broken as hell,
but that's another matter. so, the message is then rejected.

but why ? XXX.avon.com doesn't look like ^yahoo\.c to me ;0 am i
misinterpreting the sender_verify_callback_domains doc ?

that's exim 3.33

thanks,

--
[-]