Re: [Exim] LDAP-based mailing lists

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Matthew Palmer
Para: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP-based mailing lists
On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> > user_mailing_list:
> > driver = smartuser
>
> aliasfile seems more feasible, i think:
>
> driver=smartuser

driver=aliasfile, perchance?

And yes, it does.

> local_parts = all_users
> search_type = ldap
> query = <your ldap query here>
>
> or sg like that - i don't know ldap, it works like this with mysql.

What does the mysql driver return off a query - just the data?

> > Does ${extract} work the way I want it to in the presence of multiple values
> > with the same key?
>
> again, i don't know ldap, but iirc you can't do that with extract.

Bugger.

> this is something known issue for quite a while now, though i don't
> remember any solutiion. if all else fails, you can always fall back to
> using the embedded perl interpreter, writing some perl sub that does
> the actual ldap lookup, then sanitizes the result, then returns that
> to exim.

This had crossed my mind, I was hoping for a pure exim solution, but I'll go
for a Perl one is required.

> it should not be too expensive (even when the fact that
> you're unlikely to send a hundred messages to all your users a day is
> also taken into consideration).

If I send two a week I'll be surprised.

On the related note, what would be the preferred way of securing such a
distribution list from abuse? I'd like to restrict it's use to a limited
set of sender addresses and redirect anything sent by anyone else to a
moderator's address.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@???