Re: [Exim] LDAP-based mailing lists

Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Matthew Palmer
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] LDAP-based mailing lists
On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> user_mailing_list:
> driver = smartuser

aliasfile seems more feasible, i think:

driver=smartuser
local_parts = all_users
search_type = ldap
query = <your ldap query here>

or sg like that - i don't know ldap, it works like this with mysql.

> The problem with doing something like this is that an ldapm lookup returns
> mail=address pairs - lots of them. I've looked at ${extract} but it doesn't
> mention returning multiple values.
>
> Does ${extract} work the way I want it to in the presence of multiple values
> with the same key?

again, i don't know ldap, but iirc you can't do that with extract.
this is something known issue for quite a while now, though i don't
remember any solutiion. if all else fails, you can always fall back to
using the embedded perl interpreter, writing some perl sub that does
the actual ldap lookup, then sanitizes the result, then returns that
to exim. it should not be too expensive (even when the fact that
you're unlikely to send a hundred messages to all your users a day is
also taken into consideration).

--
[-]