Re: [Exim] open relay

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Frank S. Bernhardt
Para: snurt
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] open relay
I'm no expert but I've seen something similar to this at one of my customers. It's the 501 message that looks
familiar. In my customer's instance the isp holding their domain name didn't have the fully qualified domain
name of the mail server setup as an A record.

For example, the customer has 2 servers, X and Y with the domain name of DOMAIN.COM. In the dns hosts record
they had X.DOMAIN.COM setup with an A record and a CNAME pointer for Y.

Some of the emails they were sending from Y.DOMAIN.COM got bounced with the 501 eeror message. Once the isp
setup Y.DOMAIN.COM as an A record, all was well.

Of course also check out Roger Burton West's link to orbz. That's always a good place to get info.

Hope this helps.

snurt@??? wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Looks like my adsl proviuder has banned my ip from their smtp server.
>
> (which i still use now anad again) as I am open relay..
>
> This was news to me, so i quickly checked...
> 501 test: sender address must contain a domain
> 250 <test@???> is syntactically correct
> 550 relaying to <test@???> prohibited by administrator
>
> Looks like im not open relay to me..or am I mistaken ?
>
> THe relaying prohibvited line happened after the rcpt to: but the mail
> from: let me put anything in...
>
> Sigh
>
> This message sent via webmail
>
> Oh btw, using exim 3 not 4 :)