Re: [Exim] disabling data acl checks depending on envelope t…

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Philip Hazel, Patrice Fournier
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] disabling data acl checks depending on envelope to
On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 07:16:00PM -0500, Patrice Fournier wrote:
> > Picture the requirement "sales@domain has to get *everything*" If that
> > means that a mail send to sales and some other person and that fails
> > header callbacks goes through to both, no big deal.
>
> > Considering the above, is there a way to do it?
>
> How about using warn in your rcpt ACL to add a custom header when
> sales@domain is one of the recipients (this header could even explain to
> the other users why this mail went through (that is if they do read the
> headers!)) and checking for that header in the data ACL? I've not tested
> this... so it may not work as expected...

Mmmhhh, this may just work. Thanks for the idea (and requires no code
modification, which is even better)

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:34:24AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Options are:
> > - turn off every single exim check (argh....)
>
> You exaggerate. You mean "every check at DATA time".

Sorry, turn off everything is exim 3, turn off DATA stuff is exim 4.
(although a few pepole have already lobbied for all checks being turned off
regardless)

> > - implement something that will insure that checks are disabled for some
> > receipients.
>
> The idea already posted, of sticking in a header at RCPT time that can
> be tested at DATA time seems the ideal solution to this.

Yep.
I haven't had the chance to try it yet (off snowboarding for the end of the
week), but I will next week.

Thanks for your help,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key