Re: [Exim] Antivirus

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Greg Ward
Para: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Antivirus
On 05 March 2002, Gary Ferrer said:
> I have to say I've been really pleased with Exim. I've used Sendmail
> for years before a colleague suggested I try Exim (we all have better
> things to do with our time). Anyway, could someone suggest to me what
> is the best way to implement antivirus software (server side) on
> email/attachments? My host is a Solaris 8 box and my very few clients
> are Win 98 and XP using Outlook Express. I would prefer a 'free'
> package however if it's too labor intensive, I'll buy a commercial
> product.

[please wrap your lines to < 75 columns, so others don't have to]

If your needs are relatively simple, see the "executable content filter"
written by Nigel Metheringham and available on the Exim web site:

http://www.exim.org/system_filter.exim

It's not an industrial-strength, bullet-proof virus filter, but it's
good enough for a lot of us.

(For the record, I use a filter of my own that is descended from
Nigel's; IMHO, it does better logging, the rejection notices look a bit
nicer, and you can easily tweak it to save every caught virus. I can
send it to you privately if you like.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???