[Exim] no postmaster account?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Joost Kremers
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] no postmaster account?
i have been using exim for some time now as MTA on my desktop machine
(together with mutt) to full satisfaction, until i recently tried to
subscribe to a sourceforge-hosted mailing list. first, i got a message
saying that there was no valid sender in any header line. digging in
some mailing list archives, i found i would have to add a rewrite rule
to exim's config file to replace my local machine's name in the
envelope From header. i did that, and it seems to have worked. i say
"seems", because i now get another error...

Diagnostic code: smtp;550-Response from <my.mailserver.nl>
[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] was "550 5.7.1 Relaying not
permitted: <postmaster@???>" when checking for existence of a
postmaster mailbox. RFC 822 section 6.3
(which you have t

the rest of the message was cut off, but from some archive i found
that there is a warning here that says you should have a postmaster
account.

i'm not really sure what's going on here. i'm not even sure if the
problem is on my machine. (so yes, i could be off-topic here...) does
anyone have an idea what's wrong? is this a misconfiguration on my
part, or is my isp to blame?

BTW the servers <my.mailserver.nl> and <my.e-maildomain.nl> are not my
local machine, but belong to my isp's domain.

TIA

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments