[Exim] "From" header on system filter replies

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] "From" header on system filter replies
I'm maintaining Exim on two separate Linux boxes, both using a system
filter derived from Nigel's "executable content" filter. I don't
understand how the "From" header is generated when this filter generates
a virus reject message.

The first box is running Exim 3.12 on Debian 2.2 (potato); exim_user and
exim_group are both "mail". Virus reject messages from this system look
like this: