[Exim] UUCP from line question!?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Rumen Telbizov
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] UUCP from line question!?
Hi dear exim-users group.

I finally decided to sent you a message
because I couldn't find the solution to the
problem that I have. So please excuse me
if this has been discussed somewhere !

So what I encounter is the following.
I've been runing exim 3.34 on a RH 6.2 for 2 weeks
now and yesterday a client of mine called me
to report a problem with the mail that he
retrieved with his MS Exchange server!

When he got his mail from our server he
had his message in raw format ( i.e.
all the headers and so on.) which
was caused (as I see) by the non-properly
interpretation of the first line of the meesage
(THE UUCP `From ' line).
When I removed this line by hand from a test message
that I sent to him everything was PERFECT again!

I read the documentation and there were only
options that said that exim is able to remove
this uucp From line if a broken client sends it!
Ok ... but I don't use broke clients!
I tried to send a plain message by a smtp telnet
session and said just helo, mail from, rcpt to, data, .
and the uucp line was on the top of the message again!

Here is an example of a message that I sent to myself:

---> From altares@??? Tue Mar 05 11:19:53 2002 <--- THE LINE!