[Exim] Problems With Installation

Author: Antony Carr
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Problems With Installation
I am still having problems getting exim4 to compile,

exim_dbmbuild.o: In function `main':
exim_dbmbuild.o(.text+0x2b9): undefined reference to `db_create'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [exim_dbmbuild] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/exim-4.00/build-Linux-i386'
make: *** [go] Error 2

I have Berkley DB3 installed aswell as others :-

db2-2.4.14-5
gdbm-1.8.0-5
pwdb-0.61.1-1
db3-3.2.9-4
db1-1.85-5
db3-3.1.17-7
db3-devel-3.2.9-4
gdbm-1.8.0-5

Wheter i use the USE_DB=yes option in the make file or not it still produces the same error.

The file exists ion my system - /usr/include/BerkeleyDB/db.h and /usr/include/db3/db.h

and in the Makefile i have the following includes
LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I/usr/local/mysql/include -I/usr/lib/BerkeleyDB -I/usr/include/db3
LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lmysqlclient

Does any one have any pointers as to where i should look next?