[Exim] Unofficial (!) preliminary/testing Exim4 packages for…

Góra strony
Autor: Łukasz Grochal
Dla: exim-users
Stare tematy: [Exim] Exim + LDAP
Temat: [Exim] Unofficial (!) preliminary/testing Exim4 packages for Debian/GNU
Hello,

Under http://www.rotfl.eu.org/exim/ you'll find some preliminary
Exim4 .deb packages for Debian/GNU unstable (aka sid). I've put the
source packages and binaries for Intel i386 architecture there.
I want to stress two things:

1) Those packages MUST be considered preliminary/testing/unstable.
I only guarantee that they did compile on my test box. Nothing
more. You have been warned.
2) The configuration is supposed to fit my own needs, so you will
not find any *SQL support in the package. It does, however,
support TLS, LDAP, maildirs as well as embedded perl in addition
to all the standard things you'd expect.

I reused most of the Debian-specific files from Debian's Exim 3.34
and I generally tried to change as little as possible in them. After
all I'm not a Debian developer and my primary goal was to have Exim4
packaged to make it easy to install on my servers.

One thing, I've changed is that a complete customized copy of EDITME
rather than just a diff now resides in debian/ subdirectory. This should
make customizations easier.

Debian's exim package comes with a nice configuration script. It is still
run for Exim4 if there is no previous configuration, I just changed it so
that it runs convert4r4 on exim.conf it generated. This, along with
example.conf you'll find in docs should give you a reasonable startup
configuration. RTFM.

I'll appreciate comments and bug (as well as success) reports about the
package. I'll repeat - THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL DEBIAN PACKAGE, so please
don't use Debian bug reporting system to report bugs. Mail me directly
instead.

I'm planning to make a potato version available when I decide to migrate
to Exim 4.00 on my production servers. The potato version will, however,
require some backported packages from ftp://ftp.rotfl.eu.org/pub/debian-custom
(This is my very own repository of backported debian packages I have
installed on my production servers).

Regards,

--
(-) Łukasz Grochal                                  lukie@???