[Exim] problems with building Exim 4

Author: Antony Carr
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] problems with building Exim 4
Hello i am hoping that someone can give me a hand with a problem that i am having, and in doing so save my sanity :0)

During the make i am getting this error

lookups/lookups.a(dbmdb.o): In function `dbmdb_open':
dbmdb.o(.text+0x29): undefined reference to `db_open'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [exim] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/exim-4.00/build-Linux-i386'
make: *** [go] Error 2

I know that it it is down to BerkeleyDB but i have run out of things to try when i am building it .... Has anyone got any sudgestions?
I am including support for MySQL in the Makefile just incase anyone needs to know that ....

Cheers
Antony Carr