Re: [Exim] Not accepting mail from local nntp server

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tim Dodge
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Not accepting mail from local nntp server
Quoting Vadim Vygonets <vadik-exim@???>:

> Quoth timmy@??? on Sun, Mar 03, 2002:
> > Mar 2 20:20:03 [sSMTP mail] smtp server didn't accept MAIL From,
> > replied "501 <news@_HOSTNAME_>: domain missing or malformed".
> > Mar 2 20:20:03 [leafnode] mailto: output of mta:
> /usr/sbin/sendmail:
> > smtp server didn't accept MAIL From, replied "501
> <news@_HOSTNAME_>:
> > domain missing or malformed".
>
> Indeed, _HOSTNAME_ is not a valid domain name. Re-configure
> leafnode to know your hostname / domain name.

Thanks for the push in the right direction - I thought I'd messed up my
exim configuration.

It turns out that Gentoo linux installed ssmtp as part of it's base
installation. It's not needed with exim, and as I was unaware of it
being there, I'd not configured it.

I've gotten rid of it now, and I think everything's working.

Tim